Monday, April 7, 2008

Award Winning Websites

I'm always trying to find new restaurants and places to go and love the Zaget guides so the website I decided to explore was Yelp. It offers user suggestions in almost every category. Just for fun I asked about libraries in Scottsdale and here are some of the reviews on us:

Reviews for Scottsdale Public Library - Civic Center
Sort by: Recent + Votes Time Rating
Selected Review


19
42
jason c.
Scottsdale, AZ
3 star rating02/19/2008
Not a lot separates the Civic Center library from the tiny library we had in Fincastle. Books still smell musty, computers are still 5 generations old, librarians are still caricatures... They didn't have The Sun Also Rises when I went the other day, and there have been several other times that they don't have the books I want. Sure, I know that libraries can only please so many people at a time but it is a bit off-putting to go there and find that rather than replace the lost Hemmingway, they renewed the subscription to (insert unread magazine title here). The wireless internet also is really slow. Somehow I think they figured out how to use AOL 3.0 with a 28.8 modem through a wireless network.
Send to a Friend Link to This Review
People thought this was:
Useful (2)
Funny (1)
Cool (1)

Elite '08
31
379
Kristin C.
Phoenix, AZ
4 star rating02/24/2007
I think the best think I can say about this is it felt like a Scottsdale library instead of a Snotsdale library. That is a really good thing! There were very real looking people, doing very real library things. I"m not sure what I expected at first, but I was nervous it would have books, big screen internet and a bar like AZ 88 I guess.... It's a nice facility and easy to get around - though it can be a bit hard to find the place. One of the best things is a book drop off right in the parking garage! I thought that was awesome. We went there for a meeting, and found the general meeting area and auditorium/lecture hall were quite nice. Even had those college era mini desks that you could slide in front of you from the arm of the chair. Gotta love that.

No comments: