Monday, April 7, 2008

Wiki

I started using a wiki on a regular basis when my son started a new school. It was great because the majority of his teachers had their own pages with assignment info, blogs etc. In addition, all of the afterschool activities were on there plus info from the office, lunch menu etc.

I'm also helping on the AzLA conference program committee and instead of meeting every month, about 1/2 of our communication and planning etc. is done on a conference wiki. It's been great so far. My favorite feature on Wikis is being able to look at what was most recently added. I noticed on some of the Wikis that were listed on our 2.0 training that they featured 2006 info and seemed kind of outdated.

I think this is something we could you in project planning - especially the SRP programs that run from year to year and other programming that involves multiple branches. I think we could have set one of these up for the Mustang renovation as well. It would have been a great way to share all of the planning info, furniture selected etc.

No comments: